Christchurch, Dorset, UK
Overview of Role
The Bid Writer will report directly to the Sales Director working to support and enhance the company’s revenue generating activity. This partnership will work to identify, review and evaluate business development opportunities and prepare tender documents in response to client needs.
The role will involve the Bid Writer understanding the customer needs and requirements and to write accurate and persuasive responses to the questions featured in RFPs and individual tender submissions. This will include clearly communicating Anvil’s key characteristics and differentiators, Value Proposition, products and services offered.
The Bid Writer will ensure the performance of quality/technical submissions improves and evolves through the analytical use of feedback from our customers.
Supporting the overall function of pre-delivery the role will also require the applicant to support business development with high quality written case studies, award submissions and capability statements.
Manage the end-to-end bid process, leveraging project management skills to facilitate and co-ordinate meetings, stakeholder/internal workshops to develop a key win strategy aligned with Anvil’s core business offering.
- Development of a storyline and insights document that addresses the needs and messaging of prospecting and existing client bids to reflect Anvil’s capabilities whilst exposing competitor weakness.
- Creating and maintaining content for bid responses.
- Working with other specialists within the business to create written material for bid responses.
- Incorporating comments received from reviewers.
- Ensuring the writing structure and words used in the bid persuasively convey the offer to the customer.
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, capitalisation, clarity, readability, consistency and persuasiveness.
- Filing and housekeeping as required, in line with the company shared work systems.
- Supporting bid teams with written material for presentations.
Knowledge Management (bid library)
- Develop and management of a bid and proposal library.
- Following submission of the bid and feedback from the customer, update the bid library with new/updated information gathered from the bid process.
- To partner with BDM and AD teams to deliver an on-time bid, with particular focus on strategy, high-value and multi-service offering.
- Lead the internal sign-off process.
- Maintain a bid process that addresses the execution of work activities – managing internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with the core team and involve subject matter experts when required.
- Advise and coach the BDM and AD teams on how to create a “winning document”.
- Act as the document owner for proposals, submissions and presentations “polishing”.
- Share best practice tools around the proposal process and educate on innovative ideas in relation to building relationships and communication (internally/externally).
- Ensure the overall quality of bid process.
- Provide insight into market trends that is gained through direct exposure to critical feedback from failed bids and evolving needs of the clients that is reflected in tender specification.
- Interpret client requirements and support Anvil to deliver against complex client requirements.
- Co-ordinate post-bid review meetings.
- Develop knowledge of Anvil, its products and services by reading and review previous bid documents.
- Ensure that the most appropriate and relevant solutions for each bid are effectively pulled together from all parts of the business.
Education and Experience
- Experience in general proposal development in a consultancy business services environment.
- 5 years’ or more experience in Bid Writing.
- Diploma of Higher Education (preferred).
- Proven capability in delivering winning complex bids.
- Strong communication and organisation skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining executive-level relationships.
- A self-starter, motivated by the opportunity to deliver client solutions.
- A strategic thinker; able to conceive and execute compelling bids.
- Highly motivated.
- Be innovative.
- Have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Motivate and inspire others.
- An exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Deadline driven and capable of working under pressure.