OVERVIEW OF ROLE
This is a full time role, based in our offices in Christchurch in Dorset, UK.
The Lead Developer will lead the development of policies and processes to create a Azure DevOPs working environment and support the development of products and services.
This is a mixed role which shall consist of both DevOps and software development:
- DevOps configuration and automation – migrating key TFS projects to Azure DevOPs
- Training and management the team on all aspects of DevOps
- Quality management and ownership of the processes
- Policy development and enforcement with Lead Developer
- Development of new software and support of existing products
The role also consists of the maintenance and support of customer facing applications and the core systems that underpin them.
The role includes responsibility for development and retention of staff through participation in the recruitment and appraisal processes.
The Lead Developer will work closely with the IT Director to achieve quality driven goals and shall be responsible for staff alignment on these policies.
The Lead Developer will contribute to the development of the company’s IT strategy by being aware of the latest technologies and market trends and advising senior management on questions of strategic direction.
The Lead Developer will support the line manager responsible for overall IT planning by contributing to the planning process.
The Lead Developer will participate in the on-call rota for out of hours support of IT applications and core systems.
- manage process and procedures for Azure DevOPs
- drive quality and maintain best practices for automation
- respond to requests for new features
- work with stakeholders to develop clear requirements
- make design recommendations to optimise system efficiency and client satisfaction
- produce estimates for the work to be done
- develop and test maintainable solutions to meet requirements
- implement changes to the live environment, through DevOps pipeline
- help define the requirements for modules to add new functionality to client systems
- identify the tasks needed to develop requirements
- produce impacts for the work to be done
- develop and test new functionality
- utilise Test Driven Development techniques where necessary
- work with stakeholders to develop user stories
- work with the line manager who has overall responsibility for IT planning to draw up project plans for future work
- monitor progress of planned work and highlight any risks to delivery dates to the line manager as soon as they become apparent
- contribute to the recruitment process through the review of candidate CVs and participation in interviews
- act as an appraiser in the company appraisal process by preparing for, conducting appraisals and setting objectives
- be the line manager for one or more team members acting as a mentor and organising their day to day workload
- resolve live incidents in line with SLAs to ensure clients receive the highest levels of service
- participate in the rota for out of hours support (if applicable)
Other tasks may be required from time to time to fulfil business needs.
Key Technical Competencies
- Azure DevOPs at least 2year hands on experience
- Visual Basic .NET
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server
- XML with XSLT
- WCF/Web services using SOAP and WSDL
- Windows services
- Code management and version control using TFS
Desirable Technical Competencies
- .Net Core
- Dependency Injection (Unity)
- Visual Studio Test Projects
- Relational Database design